Irish raider Gordon Lord Byron snuck up the rail and won the George Ryder Stakes (Aus-I) in his Australian debut March 29, becoming the first Northern Hemisphere horse to win a group I race at Rosehill Gardens.
Arthur B. Hancock III's Stone Farm announced the retirement of homebred grade II winner Owsley from racing.
Spook Express, with Mike Smith up, charged from the back of the pack to win the $500,000 Winstar Galaxy Stakes for older fillies and mares that was co-feature on Keeneland's opening day card.
Tout Charmant took the lead on the backstretch and held off 1-2 favorite Perfect Sting to win the $554,000 WinStar Galaxy Stakes (gr. IIIT) by 1 1/4 lengths Friday at Keeneland. Under jockey Chris McCarron, Tout Charmant completed the 1 3/16 miles in 1:54.74 while racing over firm turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- Kentucky Rescinds Dextrophan Positives