Winx, Australia's reigning super mare, had no trouble with the heavy turf against six overmatched opponents in the March 18 China Horse Club George Ryder Stakes (G1) and rolled to her 16th straight win by more than seven lengths.
It's one big race after another, after another March 18 at Rosehill Gardens outside Sydney but the main focus will be on--who else?--Winx.
Irish raider Gordon Lord Byron snuck up the rail and won the George Ryder Stakes (Aus-I) in his Australian debut March 29, becoming the first Northern Hemisphere horse to win a group I race at Rosehill Gardens.
Arthur B. Hancock III's Stone Farm announced the retirement of homebred grade II winner Owsley from racing.
Spook Express, with Mike Smith up, charged from the back of the pack to win the $500,000 Winstar Galaxy Stakes for older fillies and mares that was co-feature on Keeneland's opening day card.
Tout Charmant took the lead on the backstretch and held off 1-2 favorite Perfect Sting to win the $554,000 WinStar Galaxy Stakes (gr. IIIT) by 1 1/4 lengths Friday at Keeneland. Under jockey Chris McCarron, Tout Charmant completed the 1 3/16 miles in 1:54.74 while racing over firm turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes