Irish raider Gordon Lord Byron snuck up the rail and won the George Ryder Stakes (Aus-I) in his Australian debut March 29, becoming the first Northern Hemisphere horse to win a group I race at Rosehill Gardens.
Arthur B. Hancock III's Stone Farm announced the retirement of homebred grade II winner Owsley from racing.
Spook Express, with Mike Smith up, charged from the back of the pack to win the $500,000 Winstar Galaxy Stakes for older fillies and mares that was co-feature on Keeneland's opening day card.
Tout Charmant took the lead on the backstretch and held off 1-2 favorite Perfect Sting to win the $554,000 WinStar Galaxy Stakes (gr. IIIT) by 1 1/4 lengths Friday at Keeneland. Under jockey Chris McCarron, Tout Charmant completed the 1 3/16 miles in 1:54.74 while racing over firm turf.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup Card
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Fasig-Tipton Catalogs 175 for March 2YO Sale
- Nerud-Owned and Bred Colt Wins at Big A
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- New Equine Biotechnology Firm Launched
- First Foal Reported for Morning Line
- Jan. 28 Live Racing at Aqueduct Canceled