Irish raider Gordon Lord Byron snuck up the rail and won the George Ryder Stakes (Aus-I) in his Australian debut March 29, becoming the first Northern Hemisphere horse to win a group I race at Rosehill Gardens.
Arthur B. Hancock III's Stone Farm announced the retirement of homebred grade II winner Owsley from racing.
Spook Express, with Mike Smith up, charged from the back of the pack to win the $500,000 Winstar Galaxy Stakes for older fillies and mares that was co-feature on Keeneland's opening day card.
Tout Charmant took the lead on the backstretch and held off 1-2 favorite Perfect Sting to win the $554,000 WinStar Galaxy Stakes (gr. IIIT) by 1 1/4 lengths Friday at Keeneland. Under jockey Chris McCarron, Tout Charmant completed the 1 3/16 miles in 1:54.74 while racing over firm turf.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic Winner Concern Dies at 25
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- Unlocking Winners: Dubai and the Derby Preps
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- Commissioner Eyes Easier Skip Away Prize
- VLT Expansion Proposals Shot Down in New York
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- RMTC Board Announces Cobalt Threshold
- MA House Passes Suffolk Simulcast Extension