Irish raider Gordon Lord Byron snuck up the rail and won the George Ryder Stakes (Aus-I) in his Australian debut March 29, becoming the first Northern Hemisphere horse to win a group I race at Rosehill Gardens.
Arthur B. Hancock III's Stone Farm announced the retirement of homebred grade II winner Owsley from racing.
Spook Express, with Mike Smith up, charged from the back of the pack to win the $500,000 Winstar Galaxy Stakes for older fillies and mares that was co-feature on Keeneland's opening day card.
Tout Charmant took the lead on the backstretch and held off 1-2 favorite Perfect Sting to win the $554,000 WinStar Galaxy Stakes (gr. IIIT) by 1 1/4 lengths Friday at Keeneland. Under jockey Chris McCarron, Tout Charmant completed the 1 3/16 miles in 1:54.74 while racing over firm turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Effinex Lands Grade I in Clark Handicap
- Former Claimer Almasty Wins Commonwealth Turf
- Dortmund Stays Home for Native Diver
- Taris Rolls Clear in Go for Wand
- Big Cazanova Visits Golden Gate for Berkeley
- Dubawi Fillies Best Sellers at Tattersalls
- Dressed in Hermes, 'Dan' Head Cecil DeMille
- Fillies Seek First Graded Score in Durante
- Mongolian Saturday Drills for HK Sprint
- Pender Harbour Looks to Close Meet on High