Racketeer, runner-up to Heatseeker in last year's Native Diver Handicap (gr. III), makes a one-week turnaround for trainer Barry Abrams in this year's $100,000-added renewal of the 1 1/8-mile Cushion Track event Dec. 6 at Hollywood Park.
Whatsthescript, defeated handily by the spectacular filly Goldikova in spite of his big closing effort in the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), heads a field of 10 in the $400,000 Citation Handicap (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park Nov. 28.
One of the most remarkable stories of the year got even more astonishing Sept. 16, when comeback kid Shakespeare made a thunderous move down the stretch to take the $1-million Woodbine Mile (CAN-I) by a length in electrifying fashion.
Historically, the $1 million Woodbine Mile (Can-I) has always drawn strong fields and some of the best turf horses in North America. But the 11th edition of Woodbine Racetrack's premier event might have more intrigue than ever, as several exciting storylines abound for the 14 turf specialists entered Sept. 16.
After Market puts his unbeaten record on the line in the $150,000 National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame Breeder's Cup (gr. IIT) at nine furlongs on the Saratoga turf Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- A Case for Full Siblings
- Lane's End to Sponsor Queen Elizabeth Cup
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- 5 Tips for Feeding Weanlings
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Harlan's Holiday Colt Posts Swiftest OBS Work
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Take Charge Lady Kentucky Broodmare of Year
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail