Sam-Son Farm, one of Canada's most successful Thoroughbred breeding and racing operations, will have a consignment at the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling auction, Aug. 10 and 11, in New York. The five horses cataloged include an A.P. Indy colt that is a full brother to Canadian champion Catch the Thrill and a Giant's Causeway filly that is from the family of Eclipse Award winner and Canadian Horse of the Year and Triple Crown winner Dance Smartly.
Giant Moon kept his undefeated record intact by winning the $81,525 Count Fleet Stakes by a neck over Spanky Fischbein at Aqueduct Jan. 5.
One of the most exciting horses scheduled to run in the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships on Oct. 29 is First Samurai. Undefeated in four races, the son of Giant's Causeway is his division's leader heading into the Bessemer Trust Juvenile (gr. I).
Roar of the Tiger, a full brother to Giant's Causeway, has been retired and will stand in 2005 at Hartley/De Renzo Walmac South near Ocala, Fla. His fee will be $6,000.
European champions Giant's Causeway and Montjeu have made fine starts as first-year stallions at Coolmore Stud in Ireland.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Forever Unbridled Heads Cast for Beldame
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday