New Zealand sire No Excuse Needed was fatally injured in a paddock accident Sept. 25, Wakaito Stud announced. He was 17.
Rahy, a prominent sire and broodmare sire, died Sept. 22 at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky.
Court Masterpiece came with a late rush to claim the Cantor Spreadfair Sussex Stakes (Eng-I) at Glorious Goodwood on Wednesday.
Laverock withstood the late charge of Manduro to land the Prix d'Ispahan (Fr-I) by a short neck on Sunday at Longchamp.
Laverock withstood the late charge of Manduro to land the Prix d'Ispahan (Fr-I) by a short neck Sunday at Longchamp.
Zilzal, England's 1989 Horse of Year who was favored in that year's Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), has been pensioned from stud duty because of the lack of demand for his services.
A full brother to champion and Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) winner Fantastic Light was born Feb. 13 at Sheikh Maktoum's Gainsborough Stud near Versailles, Ky.
Lailani earned her sixth consecutive win at Goodwood Saturday with a win in the Vodafone Nassau Stakes (Eng-I). The win marks the second straight group I victory for the Kildangan Stud Irish Oaks (Ire-I) winner.
On turf rated good at Longchamp Sunday, lightly raced Nadia won the Prix Saint-Alary (Fr-I) by a head over Mare Nostrum. The winner completed the 1 1/4-mile French Oaks prep in 2:08 3/5.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes