In search of firm turf, Wilkinson wound up in the Southern California barn of Jeff Mullins, who sent the 4-year-old colt out to spring a 44-1 shocker in the $150,000 American Handicap (gr. IIT) at Betfair Hollywood Park.
The Daddy, winner of the last year's Super Derby (gr. II), has been retired from racing.
Audrey and Richard Haisfield's Stonewall Farm, which will stand stallions for the first time in 2006, announced today some interesting incentives for breeders.
Audrey Haisfield (NeverTell Farm) and John Sikura (Hill 'n' Dale Farm) announced today that NeverTell stallions Medaglia d'Oro, Doneraile Court, and Marquetry are being relocated to Haisfield's Stonewall Farm near Midway, Ky., where they will stand the 2006 breeding season. The three stallions are expected to move prior to the Keeneland November Sale.
Bill Witman, who formely directed Gaillardia Farm in Versailles, Ky., is the new farm manager for the de Kwiatkowski family's Calumet Farm in Lexington, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Midnight Lucky Out of F&M Sprint, Retired
- Dayatthespa Silenced All Doubters
- Ward Sends Talented Duo to Juvenile Turf
- WinStar Buys Half Interest in Daredevil
- The Big Apple's Big Vote
- Moreno in Sharp Breeders' Cup Classic Drill
- NJ Sports Betting Put on Hold by Court Order
- Fair Grounds Ordered to Restore Purse Funds
- Presque Isle Horsemen Payments Delayed