Barbaro has sustained a deep subsolar abscess in his right hind foot, forcing doctors to try a risky procedure to reduce pressure from bearing weight on that foot, Dr. Dean Richardson reported. This was the latest setback on the same leg he shattered during the running of the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) in May.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Off the Bench for San Diego
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Record Breakers Headed for Del Mar Debutante
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Can Coup de Grace Land Blow in Amsterdam?
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Shanon Nicole Takes Off-Turf Indiana Grand
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Haskin: The Saint of Saratoga
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September