Barbaro has sustained a deep subsolar abscess in his right hind foot, forcing doctors to try a risky procedure to reduce pressure from bearing weight on that foot, Dr. Dean Richardson reported. This was the latest setback on the same leg he shattered during the running of the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) in May.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud