Barbaro has sustained a deep subsolar abscess in his right hind foot, forcing doctors to try a risky procedure to reduce pressure from bearing weight on that foot, Dr. Dean Richardson reported. This was the latest setback on the same leg he shattered during the running of the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) in May.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies