Barbaro has sustained a deep subsolar abscess in his right hind foot, forcing doctors to try a risky procedure to reduce pressure from bearing weight on that foot, Dr. Dean Richardson reported. This was the latest setback on the same leg he shattered during the running of the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) in May.
Most Popular Stories
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Chasing Landaluce
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points