Barbaro has sustained a deep subsolar abscess in his right hind foot, forcing doctors to try a risky procedure to reduce pressure from bearing weight on that foot, Dr. Dean Richardson reported. This was the latest setback on the same leg he shattered during the running of the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) in May.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'
- McCarron Named New Trainer at Merryland Farm
- Unlocking Winners: The Return of Daredevil
- Churchill Weighs In on Its Racing Operations
- Horton Considers Rebel for Take Charge Brandi
- North Dakota May Owe Bankrupt ADW Millions
- Bill Would Allow Dealers at Indiana Racinos
- First Foal for Nephrite is Filly
- Local Time Continues Meydan Dominance
- Greyhound 'Cessation' Bill Sends a Warning