Frank Gabriel Jr. has been appointed chief executive officer of the Dubai Racing Club.
Frank Gabriel Sr., a retired racing secretary and father of Arlington Park's current racing secretary, died March 1 at age 81 in Florida
Arlington Park TV analyst Christine Gabriel, a three-time cancer survivor, will he honored as a recipient of the Cancer Treatment Research Foundation (CTRF) "Superhero Award" Saturday night.
A Louisiana-bred Tejano Run ridgling sold for $130,000 Monday to top the opening session of the Fasig-Tipton Texas yearling auction at Lone Star Park.
Arlington Park announced Saturday that overnight purses will increase by amounts ranging from 2% to 5% for the 21 days that remain in the track's 2004 meet, effective Aug. 25.
Eclipse Award winner Action This Day, Cuvee, and Ruler's Court accomplished enough as 2-year-olds last year to share top billing under the standard top weight of 126 pounds on the Experimental Free Handicap that was released Tuesday.
Arlington Park announced that Frank G. Gabriel Jr., who was named executive vice president of racing operations last Nov. 4, will add the role of racing secretary to his current list of duties.
Jockey Shane Sellers won two races at Arlington Park Saturday, including the featured Spectacular Bid Stakes, then announced he was ending his comeback bid.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York