Trainer Mike Mitchell tried to concentrate on work in his Hollywood Park stable office Wednesday but found it impossible to forget about grade I winner Star Over the Bay, whose winner's circle pictures hung on the wall.
The front-running Star Over the Bay enhanced his reputation for being tough to beat in the stretch, holding off a determined A to the Z in a grueling stretch duel to win the $500,000 Sunshine Millions Turf at Santa Anita Park Saturday.
Star Over the Bay's game front-running victory by a nose over odds-on favorite Continuously in the $150,000 Sunset Handicap (gr. IIT) on the lawn Sunday put a big bow around jockey Tyler Baze's first riding title at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes