Favored Prayer for Relief turned the tables on his local nemesis Alternation and held off a determined run from Worldly by a head in the $175,000 Governor's Cup Stakes on the night of Aug. 17.
Zayat Stables' Prayer for Relief, second in his only two starts this year, broke through with a victory in the $300,000 Cornhusker Handicap (gr. III) at Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino June 29.
Zayat Stables' Prayer for Relief held off Populist Politics and Awesome Bet in the stretch to win the $500,000 Super Derby (gr. II) in wire-to-wire fashion Sept. 10 at Louisiana Downs.
Prayer for Relief ran down front-running Rush Now by a half-length Aug. 6 at Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack and Resort to win the $750,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. II).
Prayer for Relief gave trainer Bob Baffert consecutive wins in the $250,000 Iowa Derby (gr. III) when he registered a mild upset at Prairie Meadows on the night of June 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016