Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Empire Maker was made the 7-2 favorite for the Breeders' Cup Classic, Powered by Dodge (gr. I) in future book wagering conducted this weekend.
With recent reports of an injury forcing Dollar Bill out of training for at least two months, the horse was removed from the Breeders' Cup Future Wager as a betting interest.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has set the fields for this weekend's Period Three of the Breeders' Cup Future Bet. Races open for wagering this Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday are the Breeders' Cup Classic, the Breeders' Cup Distaff and the Breeders' Cup Sprint, all grade I.
Future wagers will be available for the first time on this year's eight Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championship races.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- A Few Early Thoughts on the Kentucky Derby Pace