Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Empire Maker was made the 7-2 favorite for the Breeders' Cup Classic, Powered by Dodge (gr. I) in future book wagering conducted this weekend.
With recent reports of an injury forcing Dollar Bill out of training for at least two months, the horse was removed from the Breeders' Cup Future Wager as a betting interest.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has set the fields for this weekend's Period Three of the Breeders' Cup Future Bet. Races open for wagering this Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday are the Breeders' Cup Classic, the Breeders' Cup Distaff and the Breeders' Cup Sprint, all grade I.
Future wagers will be available for the first time on this year's eight Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championship races.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Wraps Up Haskell Preparation
- Keen Ice Improved Since Belmont Stakes Run
- Wild One, Futura Win on Big Day at Greyville
- Maternal Influences Make a Difference
- BC Simulcasts in Hong Kong Not Likely in 2015
- Haskell: Jimmy Barnes on American Pharoah
- Legatissimo Strikes for Stylish Nassau Win
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Tracks Across Country Mark PDJF Day