Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Empire Maker was made the 7-2 favorite for the Breeders' Cup Classic, Powered by Dodge (gr. I) in future book wagering conducted this weekend.
With recent reports of an injury forcing Dollar Bill out of training for at least two months, the horse was removed from the Breeders' Cup Future Wager as a betting interest.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has set the fields for this weekend's Period Three of the Breeders' Cup Future Bet. Races open for wagering this Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday are the Breeders' Cup Classic, the Breeders' Cup Distaff and the Breeders' Cup Sprint, all grade I.
Future wagers will be available for the first time on this year's eight Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championship races.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- A Look Back at Quack's California Derby
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2