Shane Sellers and Robby Albarado, the top two jockeys of Fair Grounds' 2003-04 meet, saved the best for last on closing day Sunday.
Fuse It became a two-time stakes winner at the Fair Grounds meet Sunday, winning the $100,000 Red Camelia Handicap for Louisiana bred mares by a length over Mysia Jo.
A change in shoes helped Billie Courtney's Distinctive Code turn the tables on her distaff sprint rivals, cruising to victory in the $100,000 Victoria Lass Handicap on Saturday at Fair Grounds.
Lake Lady and Miss Lodi, two of the most talked about 3-year-old fillies at Fair Grounds last season, finally hook up in Saturday's $100,000 Victoria Lass Handicap in New Orleans.
Sunday's $125,000 Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes (gr. III) over six furlongs at Keeneland has attracted a talented field of 11 distaffers, including defending champion Cat Cay.
Most Popular Stories
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Calder's GM of Racing to Stay With CDI
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp