The Fasig-Tipton winter mixed sale concluded Feb. 9 with across-the-board declines as buyers continued to be selective and competitive on the upper echelon horses and little demand for lesser quality offerings.
Graded stakes winner Flashy American and stakes-winning Funfair sold in quick succession for $395,000 and $350,000, respectively, Feb. 9 during the second day of the Fasig-Tipton winter mixed sale
Funfair made his way into Saturday's $2,025,000 NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) the old-fashioned way. He earned it.
Cheveley Park Farm's English homebred Funfair, unbeaten in three starts in the United States, enjoyed a perfect run along the inside to upset Artie Schiller by a head in the $350,000 Kelso Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) on Belmont Park's Widener turf course Sunday.
Multiple graded stakes winner Artie Schiller tunes up for a return trip to the NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) when he faces a deep field of American-based turf horses in the $350,000 Kelso Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at one mile on the Belmont Park turf Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- NYRA Looking at Synthetic Track for Aqueduct
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Three Grade I Winners Vie for La Troienne