The Fasig-Tipton winter mixed sale concluded Feb. 9 with across-the-board declines as buyers continued to be selective and competitive on the upper echelon horses and little demand for lesser quality offerings.
Graded stakes winner Flashy American and stakes-winning Funfair sold in quick succession for $395,000 and $350,000, respectively, Feb. 9 during the second day of the Fasig-Tipton winter mixed sale
Funfair made his way into Saturday's $2,025,000 NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) the old-fashioned way. He earned it.
Cheveley Park Farm's English homebred Funfair, unbeaten in three starts in the United States, enjoyed a perfect run along the inside to upset Artie Schiller by a head in the $350,000 Kelso Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) on Belmont Park's Widener turf course Sunday.
Multiple graded stakes winner Artie Schiller tunes up for a return trip to the NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) when he faces a deep field of American-based turf horses in the $350,000 Kelso Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at one mile on the Belmont Park turf Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Derby Winner Materiality Dies
- Ectot Stuns Flintshire in Hirsch Turf Classic
- Bullet Train Gets First Stakes Winner
- Leading Jockey Gallardo Heads to New York
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Live Racing at Meadowlands Cancelled Again
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- Quest For More Rallies From Last in Cadran