The Fasig-Tipton winter mixed sale concluded Feb. 9 with across-the-board declines as buyers continued to be selective and competitive on the upper echelon horses and little demand for lesser quality offerings.
Graded stakes winner Flashy American and stakes-winning Funfair sold in quick succession for $395,000 and $350,000, respectively, Feb. 9 during the second day of the Fasig-Tipton winter mixed sale
Funfair made his way into Saturday's $2,025,000 NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) the old-fashioned way. He earned it.
Cheveley Park Farm's English homebred Funfair, unbeaten in three starts in the United States, enjoyed a perfect run along the inside to upset Artie Schiller by a head in the $350,000 Kelso Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) on Belmont Park's Widener turf course Sunday.
Multiple graded stakes winner Artie Schiller tunes up for a return trip to the NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) when he faces a deep field of American-based turf horses in the $350,000 Kelso Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at one mile on the Belmont Park turf Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial