Almost 30 racetracks will participate in "PDJF Day Across America," a fundraiser for the Permanently Disabled Jockeys' Fund, on Aug. 1, with numerous events and auctions are scheduled at racetracks.
The second "Jockeys & Jeans" fundraiser, held at Indiana Grand Racing & Casino May 30, raised $201,078 for the Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund.
Indiana Grand Racing & Casino will be the site of the second-annual "Jockeys & Jeans" event May 30.
Thoroughbred Charities of America has been named the charitable beneficiary of An Evening of Equine Art to be held at the Rick Scalf Gallery in Lexington April 18.
Canterbury Park has released its stakes schedule featuring 26 races worth $1.12 million for the 62-day meet that begins May 18 and concludes Sept. 3.
Jockeys throughout the United States and Canada will exhibit their unified show of support Sept. 5 for apprentice jockey Michael Straight, who was injured in a racing accident Aug. 26 at Arlington Park. On Sept. 6, River Downs in Ohio will raise money for disabled jockey Gary Birzer and jockey Justin Vitek, who continues to battle leukemia.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Ward Joins Water Hay Oats Alliance