Almost 30 racetracks will participate in "PDJF Day Across America," a fundraiser for the Permanently Disabled Jockeys' Fund, on Aug. 1, with numerous events and auctions are scheduled at racetracks.
The second "Jockeys & Jeans" fundraiser, held at Indiana Grand Racing & Casino May 30, raised $201,078 for the Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund.
Indiana Grand Racing & Casino will be the site of the second-annual "Jockeys & Jeans" event May 30.
Thoroughbred Charities of America has been named the charitable beneficiary of An Evening of Equine Art to be held at the Rick Scalf Gallery in Lexington April 18.
Canterbury Park has released its stakes schedule featuring 26 races worth $1.12 million for the 62-day meet that begins May 18 and concludes Sept. 3.
Jockeys throughout the United States and Canada will exhibit their unified show of support Sept. 5 for apprentice jockey Michael Straight, who was injured in a racing accident Aug. 26 at Arlington Park. On Sept. 6, River Downs in Ohio will raise money for disabled jockey Gary Birzer and jockey Justin Vitek, who continues to battle leukemia.
Most Popular Stories
- Texas Tracks Prepare for Sept. 1 Shutdown
- American Pharoah to Parade at Del Mar
- Espinoza Fined for Wearing Promo Material
- Woodward Stakes Field Could Prove Intriguing
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Zivo Returns Against NY-Breds at Spa
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- Cuomo Authorizes Further 1% Share to NYTHA
- CTT Pledges Funds for Barn Surveillance