Derby Eve Lexington, a new fundraiser the night before the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), will be held for the first time May 1 at the polo barn at Saxony Farm in Lexington.
Trainers, jockeys, backstretch workers, and fans at Thistledown near Cleveland, Ohio, have raised $6,000 to help a groom who being is treated for cancer.
An original oil painting depicting a morning scene at Santa Anita Park is being sold by an art gallery in New Mexico to benefit the Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Mahoning Valley Announces Purse Increase