Derby Eve Lexington, a new fundraiser the night before the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), will be held for the first time May 1 at the polo barn at Saxony Farm in Lexington.
Trainers, jockeys, backstretch workers, and fans at Thistledown near Cleveland, Ohio, have raised $6,000 to help a groom who being is treated for cancer.
An original oil painting depicting a morning scene at Santa Anita Park is being sold by an art gallery in New Mexico to benefit the Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Woodbine Reports Increased Handle
- Jockeys' Guild Set for Annual Assembly
- Top Global Runners Vie in Hong Kong Races