Derby Eve Lexington, a new fundraiser the night before the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), will be held for the first time May 1 at the polo barn at Saxony Farm in Lexington.
Trainers, jockeys, backstretch workers, and fans at Thistledown near Cleveland, Ohio, have raised $6,000 to help a groom who being is treated for cancer.
An original oil painting depicting a morning scene at Santa Anita Park is being sold by an art gallery in New Mexico to benefit the Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Willy North Returns to Sales Scene at Fasig-Tipton
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Canadian Racing Channel HPItv to Remain on the Air
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies