The second annual Maryland Million 5K road race will take place on Saturday, Oct. 15, exactly one week before the 31st running of the Jim McKay Maryland Million Day program at Laurel Park.
- By BloodHorse Staff
- Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky, Mid-Atlantic Region
A consortium of racing organizations has announced a Derby Day fund-raising campaign to benefit the Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund will be held May 2 at tracks and racing venues across the U.S.
The Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance, an official Breeders' Cup charity, is pleased to announce two exciting fan experiences to promote Thoroughbred Aftercare at the upcoming Breeders' Cup World Championships Oct. 31-Nov 1.
Gulfstream Park is hosting several charity fundraisers the week before the Eclipse Awards, Jan. 15-19.
A starting spot in the Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I) is at stake when a field of nine lines up for the $200,000 A Gleam Handicap (gr. II) at Hollywood Park July 16.
Irish Gypsy capped a big card at Hollywood Park for trainer Bob Baffert and jockey Martin Garcia on Father's Day when she captured the $76,050 Desert Stormer Handicap by 1 1/4 lengths as the favorite June 19.
An original watercolor painted by Penny Chenery, whose Meadow Stable raced Secretariat and Riva Ridge, will be auctioned at the Belmont Bash on June 3.
The Blue Grass Farms Chaplaincy will hold "Call to the Post," a fund-raising event scheduled for Sept. 17 at the Kentucky Horse Park near Lexington.
ReRun, the national Thoroughbred adoption program based in Kentucky, is beginning what will be an annual event called "Moneigh-Equine Expressions." Horses that have distinguished themselves on the track and in the breeding shed will vie for the honor of becoming the top "equine artist."
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- 'Sensation' Still Questionable For HK Sprint