Spring Star, a lightly-raced 5-year-old mare, won her 2004 debut over a field that included seven other graded stakes winners, turning in a sharp performance in the $110,900 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Hollywood Park turf Sunday.
Fun House, who has made a habit of collecting minor chunks during a consistent 22-race career, put it all together Saturday for her first graded stakes win in the $150,000 Buena Vista Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares at Santa Anita Park.
Darley Stable's Maiden Tower has been installed the 118-pound highweight in the field of seven older fillies and mares that will contest Saturday's Buena Vista Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park.
Fudge Fatale, the longest shot in the field at 55-1, opened a long early lead and held off Polygreen in the stretch for a shocking 1-¼ length victory Wednesday in the $76,850 Tuzla Handicap for fillies and mares at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Keeneland September continues steady progress
- MGC Offers Help for Displaced Suffolk Workers
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released