Spring Star, a lightly-raced 5-year-old mare, won her 2004 debut over a field that included seven other graded stakes winners, turning in a sharp performance in the $110,900 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Hollywood Park turf Sunday.
Fun House, who has made a habit of collecting minor chunks during a consistent 22-race career, put it all together Saturday for her first graded stakes win in the $150,000 Buena Vista Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares at Santa Anita Park.
Darley Stable's Maiden Tower has been installed the 118-pound highweight in the field of seven older fillies and mares that will contest Saturday's Buena Vista Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park.
Fudge Fatale, the longest shot in the field at 55-1, opened a long early lead and held off Polygreen in the stretch for a shocking 1-¼ length victory Wednesday in the $76,850 Tuzla Handicap for fillies and mares at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Derby Winner Materiality Dies
- Ectot Stuns Flintshire in Hirsch Turf Classic
- Gormley Upsets FrontRunner Field
- Tom’s Ready Wins Ack Ack; Runhappy Fourth
- Forever Unbridled Cruises in the Beldame
- Joking Gets First Grade I Win in Vosburgh
- Bullet Train Gets First Stakes Winner
- Paulassilverlining Takes Muddy Gallant Bloom
- 'Chrome' Cruises to Awesome Again Win
- Leading Jockey Gallardo Heads to New York