Spring Star, a lightly-raced 5-year-old mare, won her 2004 debut over a field that included seven other graded stakes winners, turning in a sharp performance in the $110,900 Wilshire Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Hollywood Park turf Sunday.
Fun House, who has made a habit of collecting minor chunks during a consistent 22-race career, put it all together Saturday for her first graded stakes win in the $150,000 Buena Vista Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares at Santa Anita Park.
Darley Stable's Maiden Tower has been installed the 118-pound highweight in the field of seven older fillies and mares that will contest Saturday's Buena Vista Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park.
Fudge Fatale, the longest shot in the field at 55-1, opened a long early lead and held off Polygreen in the stretch for a shocking 1-¼ length victory Wednesday in the $76,850 Tuzla Handicap for fillies and mares at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- On the Muscle, Dortmund Ready for San Felipe
- Carpe Diem Faces Ocean Knight in Tampa Derby
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Take Charge Brandi Not Entered in Honeybee
- Charles Town, Penn National Cancel Racing
- BC Tickets Still Available After Day One Sale
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in 'Big Cap
- Changes Possible on Federal Tax Withholdings
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa