The Florida Thoroughbred Charities donated $315,000 in 2007 to benefit equine and community programs at the local and state level. Since 1990 the FTC, a non-profit organization and the charitable arm of the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association, has raised nearly $4 million.
The proceeds from the Florida Thoroughbred Charities' "Bright Futures" auction reached an all-time high, raising over $60,000 from its live and silent auctions and over $260,000 from its stallion seasons auction. The live and silent auctions/cocktail party was held at Steinbrenner's Yankee Ramada Inn Jan. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications