The Florida Thoroughbred Charities donated $315,000 in 2007 to benefit equine and community programs at the local and state level. Since 1990 the FTC, a non-profit organization and the charitable arm of the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association, has raised nearly $4 million.
The proceeds from the Florida Thoroughbred Charities' "Bright Futures" auction reached an all-time high, raising over $60,000 from its live and silent auctions and over $260,000 from its stallion seasons auction. The live and silent auctions/cocktail party was held at Steinbrenner's Yankee Ramada Inn Jan. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Date Set for 2017 Maryland Million Day
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- 'Free Fridays' at National Museum of Racing
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win