The Florida Thoroughbred Charities donated $315,000 in 2007 to benefit equine and community programs at the local and state level. Since 1990 the FTC, a non-profit organization and the charitable arm of the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association, has raised nearly $4 million.
The proceeds from the Florida Thoroughbred Charities' "Bright Futures" auction reached an all-time high, raising over $60,000 from its live and silent auctions and over $260,000 from its stallion seasons auction. The live and silent auctions/cocktail party was held at Steinbrenner's Yankee Ramada Inn Jan. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- Seaway Draws Well-Balanced Field of 11