The Florida Thoroughbred Charities donated $315,000 in 2007 to benefit equine and community programs at the local and state level. Since 1990 the FTC, a non-profit organization and the charitable arm of the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association, has raised nearly $4 million.
The proceeds from the Florida Thoroughbred Charities' "Bright Futures" auction reached an all-time high, raising over $60,000 from its live and silent auctions and over $260,000 from its stallion seasons auction. The live and silent auctions/cocktail party was held at Steinbrenner's Yankee Ramada Inn Jan. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Filly First Winner for Line of David