The Florida Thoroughbred Charities donated $315,000 in 2007 to benefit equine and community programs at the local and state level. Since 1990 the FTC, a non-profit organization and the charitable arm of the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association, has raised nearly $4 million.
The proceeds from the Florida Thoroughbred Charities' "Bright Futures" auction reached an all-time high, raising over $60,000 from its live and silent auctions and over $260,000 from its stallion seasons auction. The live and silent auctions/cocktail party was held at Steinbrenner's Yankee Ramada Inn Jan. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Welcome Home, Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Revolutionary Equine Waste Recycling System
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31