The son of Medaglia d'Oro has demonstrated a distinct fondness for the firmer going of the Gulfstream course in the past and is scheduled to seek a return to winning form in the $200,000 Fort Lauderdale (gr. IIT).
Seeking redemption from a lackluster dirt effort last time out, Dominus returns to the lawn in the $150,000 Ft. Lauderdale Stakes (gr. IIT) Jan. 12 at Gulfstream Park.
Silver Medallion continued to show his affinity for the turf, rallying five-wide around the final turn to win his second graded stakes in a row by a neck in the $100,000 Ft. Lauderdale (gr. IIIT) Jan. 14 at Gulfstream Park.
Sent off at 12-1 in a wide-open field of 11, Little Mike broke sharply from the outside and never looked back, going wire-to-wire to win a thrilling edition of the $100,000 Ft. Lauderdale (gr. IIIT) Jan. 9 at Gulfstream Park.
Edgar Prado guided Kinsman Stable's homebred Classic Campaign through a tight hole in deep stretch to win the $75,000 Fort Lauderdale Stakes in an exciting upset on the Gulfstream Park lawn Saturday.
With a late burst, Honor in War got up in time to win the $75,000 Ft. Lauderdale on the Gulfstream Park turf Sunday, enabling jockey Shaun Bridgmohan to complete a sweep of the four stakes held at the South Florida track on its 2006 opening weekend.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga