Lemon Drop Kid worked five furlongs at Churchill Downs Friday morning in preparation for what is expected to be his final career race, the Breeders' Cup Classic.
The $1.5 million Canadian International (Can-I) will have a distinctly European feel as at least five European shippers are expected to arrive at Woodbine within a week for the Oct. 15 event.
Stall Blankenese's BMW 130 Deutsches Derby (Ger-I) winner Samum took the lead after 1 1/4 miles and then held Catella, Fruits of Love, and Daliapour -- the second-, third- and fourth-place finishers, respectively -- at bay to win the Mercedes Benz Grosser Preis von Baden (Ger-I) by 2 1/2 lengths Sunday at Baden Baden, Germany.
Fruits of Love, a 5-year-old son of Hansel--Vallee Secrete, by Secretariat, posted his second consecutive victory in the Hardwicke Stakes (Eng-II) at Royal Ascot Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap