Lemon Drop Kid worked five furlongs at Churchill Downs Friday morning in preparation for what is expected to be his final career race, the Breeders' Cup Classic.
The $1.5 million Canadian International (Can-I) will have a distinctly European feel as at least five European shippers are expected to arrive at Woodbine within a week for the Oct. 15 event.
Stall Blankenese's BMW 130 Deutsches Derby (Ger-I) winner Samum took the lead after 1 1/4 miles and then held Catella, Fruits of Love, and Daliapour -- the second-, third- and fourth-place finishers, respectively -- at bay to win the Mercedes Benz Grosser Preis von Baden (Ger-I) by 2 1/2 lengths Sunday at Baden Baden, Germany.
Fruits of Love, a 5-year-old son of Hansel--Vallee Secrete, by Secretariat, posted his second consecutive victory in the Hardwicke Stakes (Eng-II) at Royal Ascot Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations