Lemon Drop Kid worked five furlongs at Churchill Downs Friday morning in preparation for what is expected to be his final career race, the Breeders' Cup Classic.
The $1.5 million Canadian International (Can-I) will have a distinctly European feel as at least five European shippers are expected to arrive at Woodbine within a week for the Oct. 15 event.
Stall Blankenese's BMW 130 Deutsches Derby (Ger-I) winner Samum took the lead after 1 1/4 miles and then held Catella, Fruits of Love, and Daliapour -- the second-, third- and fourth-place finishers, respectively -- at bay to win the Mercedes Benz Grosser Preis von Baden (Ger-I) by 2 1/2 lengths Sunday at Baden Baden, Germany.
Fruits of Love, a 5-year-old son of Hansel--Vallee Secrete, by Secretariat, posted his second consecutive victory in the Hardwicke Stakes (Eng-II) at Royal Ascot Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets
- Commanding Curve Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Better Lucky Shines; My Miss Aurelia Third
- Filly Untapable Works Toward Haskell
- Will Take Charge Works Toward Whitney
- Grade I Winner Heir Kitty Tops Del Mar Sale
- Kiss to Remember Steps Up in Indiana Grand
- Milestone Win 1,000 for Jockey Magrell
- Matz Says He Nearly Retired Somali Lemonade
- Favorite Tale, Choctaw Chuck Top Quick Call