Bond Holder went from maiden to grade I winner when he closed from well off the pace to capture the $250,000 FrontRunner Stakes (gr. I) for 2-year-olds Sept. 28 at Santa Anita Park.
After displaying a wicked late kick in winning the Del Mar Futurity (gr. I), Tamarando attempts two turns for the first time against 10 opponents in the $250,000 FrontRunner Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 28 at Santa Anit
The 14 Breeders' Cup World Championship races Nov. 1-2 highlight the 27 graded stakes carded for the 24-day Santa Anita Park fall meet that begins Sept. 27.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
There is a clear explanation for the turnaround that saw Power Broker transformed from thrice-defeated maiden to grade I winner, as the FrontRunner was the colt's first start on dirt.
Gary and Mary West's Power Broker made short work of the field in the $250,000 FrontRunner Stakes (gr. I) for 2-year-olds at Santa Anita Park Sept. 29, drawing away to win easily over Know More and Capo Bastone.
Tom and Pete handicap two races from Belmont and Santa Anita this weekend, the Jockey Club Gold Cup and FrontRunner Stakes. watch video
The revamped "Road to the Kentucky Derby" series kicks off Sept. 29 with points awarded to the top four finishers in the Juddmonte Royal Lodge (Eng-II) at Newmarket and the FrontRunner Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
Reddam Racing's Know More is the sole graded stakes winner in the FrontRunner Stakes (gr. I) for 2-year-olds at Santa Anita Park Sept. 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Tonalist, V. E. Day Work at Belmont Park
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Departing, Carve Set for Homecoming Classic
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Ron Turcotte to Appear at Kentucky Downs
- WVRC Seeks Bill to Allow Flexibility on Dates