Attorneys for the Illinois Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association will file for an injunction in the next few days to stop the "recapture" payment made annually to the state's racetracks from the horsemen's purse fund since 1995.
Frank Stronach, one of North America's most influential people in the Thoroughbred racing industry, and Sam-Son Farm's Chief Bearhart, winner of the $2 million Breeders' Cup Turf in 1997, head a list of six candidates for nomination into Canada's Horse Racing Hall of Fame.
Most Popular Stories
- Pedigree Analysis: Shared Belief Rides On
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000