Attorneys for the Illinois Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association will file for an injunction in the next few days to stop the "recapture" payment made annually to the state's racetracks from the horsemen's purse fund since 1995.
Frank Stronach, one of North America's most influential people in the Thoroughbred racing industry, and Sam-Son Farm's Chief Bearhart, winner of the $2 million Breeders' Cup Turf in 1997, head a list of six candidates for nomination into Canada's Horse Racing Hall of Fame.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Riposte Heads Solid Hillsborough Field
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones