Giant Moon, one of the new shooters Kentucky Derby winner Big Brown will face in the Preakness Stakes (gr.I) May 17, worked over Belmont Park's fast main track May 7.
Eight-year-old millionaire Affirmed Success and beaten Metropolitan Handicap (gr. I) favorite Left Bank are scheduled to square off in the July 4 Tom Fool Handicap (gr. II) at seven furlongs for 3-year-olds and up at Belmont Park.
Affirmed Success, an 8-year-old gelding ridden by Richard Migliore, came from off the pace Saturday to win the $108,200 Toboggan Handicap at Aqueduct by two lengths. This was the first victory in three starts this year for Affirmed Success, the oldest horse to ever win the Toboggan.
Weather wreaked havoc on the lone graded turf sprint on the New York racing calendar, as the $100,900 Jaipur Handicap was forced off the turf and run on the muddy main track on Sunday at Belmont Park. Under Jerry Bailey, Affirmed Success completed the seven furlongs in 1:21.69 to earn the hard-fought victory in the scratch-plagued race.
Most Popular Stories
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana