Giant Moon, one of the new shooters Kentucky Derby winner Big Brown will face in the Preakness Stakes (gr.I) May 17, worked over Belmont Park's fast main track May 7.
Eight-year-old millionaire Affirmed Success and beaten Metropolitan Handicap (gr. I) favorite Left Bank are scheduled to square off in the July 4 Tom Fool Handicap (gr. II) at seven furlongs for 3-year-olds and up at Belmont Park.
Affirmed Success, an 8-year-old gelding ridden by Richard Migliore, came from off the pace Saturday to win the $108,200 Toboggan Handicap at Aqueduct by two lengths. This was the first victory in three starts this year for Affirmed Success, the oldest horse to ever win the Toboggan.
Weather wreaked havoc on the lone graded turf sprint on the New York racing calendar, as the $100,900 Jaipur Handicap was forced off the turf and run on the muddy main track on Sunday at Belmont Park. Under Jerry Bailey, Affirmed Success completed the seven furlongs in 1:21.69 to earn the hard-fought victory in the scratch-plagued race.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress
- Emperors Palace 2YO Sale Set for August