Giant Moon, one of the new shooters Kentucky Derby winner Big Brown will face in the Preakness Stakes (gr.I) May 17, worked over Belmont Park's fast main track May 7.
Eight-year-old millionaire Affirmed Success and beaten Metropolitan Handicap (gr. I) favorite Left Bank are scheduled to square off in the July 4 Tom Fool Handicap (gr. II) at seven furlongs for 3-year-olds and up at Belmont Park.
Affirmed Success, an 8-year-old gelding ridden by Richard Migliore, came from off the pace Saturday to win the $108,200 Toboggan Handicap at Aqueduct by two lengths. This was the first victory in three starts this year for Affirmed Success, the oldest horse to ever win the Toboggan.
Weather wreaked havoc on the lone graded turf sprint on the New York racing calendar, as the $100,900 Jaipur Handicap was forced off the turf and run on the muddy main track on Sunday at Belmont Park. Under Jerry Bailey, Affirmed Success completed the seven furlongs in 1:21.69 to earn the hard-fought victory in the scratch-plagued race.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot