A nearly sixth-month dispute over Northern California's 2017 racing schedule was resolved Nov. 17 during a California Horse Racing Board meeting at Del Mar.
The California Horse Racing Board's Race Dates Committee took a step toward resolving a nearly six-month-long dispute regarding Northern California's 2017 schedule Nov. 16, with a recommendation that largely resembles 2016's slate in the region.
Members of the California Horse Racing Board made a commitment to decide the highly contentious Northern California 2017 racing dates dispute at its regular October meeting, but the regulatory agency could not reach a resolution Oct. 20.
California horse owner Michael Power was found in contempt and fined for making several false and defamatory statements about John Harris, a director for the California Thoroughbred Breeders' Association.
A yearling half-brother to recent Test (gr. I) winner Leave Me Alone was among the horses shot to death during a central California shooting spree in March.
- By Jack Shinar
Authorities are seeking a gunman who has killed at least four Thoroughbreds in their pastures with a small caliber rifle near Fresno, Calif., in the past week.
George Ortuzar will act as the Spanish-language announcer for the 2004 Big Fresno Fair race meet, the California Authority of Racing Fairs announced Oct. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- John Moore Sweeps Hong Kong G1s
- Under Tack Show Can Make or Break Sale