Freshman sire Idiot Proof was represented by his first winner March 18 when the 2-year-old filly On Autopilot won the first race at Mexico's Hipodromo de las Americas.
A new handicapping challenge is already on for freshman sires. read blog
Ashford Stud stallion Scat Daddy not only took the 2011 first-crop sires' championship with $1,521,410 in progeny earning but also topped the freshman list in other categories.
The first starter for freshman sire Came Home came home a winner at Keeneland Thursday when J. Fred Miller III's homebred Beautiful Venture won the third race by three lengths.
Alex's Pal, a half-brother to the 2004 leading first-crop sire Successful Appeal, will stand the 2005 breeding season at Lou Gurino's Lou-Roe Farm near Morriston, Fla. His fee will be $2,500 live foal. Alex's Pal is from the first crop of 2001 leading freshman sire Valid Expectations, who like Successful Appeal, is a son of Valid Appeal.
A Breeders' Cup victory means the world to breeders, owners, trainers, and jockeys. The same goes for stallion owners.
Elusive City was disqualified Wednesday from two British successes -- a maiden race at Lingfield on July 17 and the Gerrard Investment Management Richmond Stakes (Eng-II) at Goodwood on July 30. The ruling has a major impact in North America on the list for leading freshman sire by earnings.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Got Lucky Surges to Molly Pitcher Victory
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Oaklawn Improvements Include New Barn
- Filly First Winner for Here Comes Ben
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Catalog Online for Barretts Select Sale
- Two Share Record Price at Arqana Summer Sale
- Laurel Cancels Racing Due to Water Main Break