The French fillies classic kicks off the country's summer racing season in grand style.
War Zone, a son of Danzig racing for Prince Khalid Abdullah's Juddmonte Farms, outraced five rivals to win Sunday's Prix de la Porte Maillot (Fr-III) at Longchamp.
Following in the footsteps of her mother, Kentucky-bred Glia posted a neck victory Monday in the Prix Imprudence at Maisons-Laffitte, France.
Zipping zipped to a win in Sunday's Prix Robert Papin (Fr-II) at Maisons-Laffitte. Five 2-year-old colts and fillies contested the $82,930 race (FF620,000) after good to soft going prompted two entrants to scratch.
Cash Asmussen is stepping back from race riding, and for the first time in many years will not be based in France. The jockey will instead assist with his family's Texas-based racing and breeding operation. A long-standing relationship with the Niarchos family has come to an end, which is the main reason for Asmussen's decision to end his European involvement.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal
- Mubtaahij Scores Easiest of Wins in UAE Derby
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- Fields Shaping Up for Wood Memorial Day
- Castellano Gears Up for Busy FL Derby Day
- Gulfstream Should Have Lucrative FL Derby Day
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- Competitive Edge Wins Comeback at Gulfstream
- One Lucky Dane to Join Dortmund in SA Derby