The French fillies classic kicks off the country's summer racing season in grand style.
War Zone, a son of Danzig racing for Prince Khalid Abdullah's Juddmonte Farms, outraced five rivals to win Sunday's Prix de la Porte Maillot (Fr-III) at Longchamp.
Following in the footsteps of her mother, Kentucky-bred Glia posted a neck victory Monday in the Prix Imprudence at Maisons-Laffitte, France.
Zipping zipped to a win in Sunday's Prix Robert Papin (Fr-II) at Maisons-Laffitte. Five 2-year-old colts and fillies contested the $82,930 race (FF620,000) after good to soft going prompted two entrants to scratch.
Cash Asmussen is stepping back from race riding, and for the first time in many years will not be based in France. The jockey will instead assist with his family's Texas-based racing and breeding operation. A long-standing relationship with the Niarchos family has come to an end, which is the main reason for Asmussen's decision to end his European involvement.
Most Popular Stories
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Dissident, Appearance Win at Royal Randwick
- Trainer Chuck Treece Collects 1,000th Win
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Apprentice Boulanger Guides in First Winner
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More