In a dramatic finish with three horses on the wire, Saratoga's opening day feature Wednesday went to Subtle Aly, who just edged a game I Promise and Blitzing in the $111,000 Schuylerville Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies.
Graded stakes-placed French Envoy came up with his first winner when his daughter, Bewitchin' Babe, won May 22 at Calder Race Course.
French Envoy, who is closely related to Japanese stallion French Deputy, will begin his stallion career in 2003 at Gilbert Campbell's Stonehedge Farm South near Williston, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- McCarron Named New Trainer at Merryland Farm
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'
- Bill Would Allow Dealers at Indiana Racinos
- Churchill Weighs In on Its Racing Operations
- North Dakota May Owe Bankrupt ADW Millions
- Local Time Continues Meydan Dominance
- Horton Considers Rebel for Take Charge Brandi
- First Foal for Nephrite is Filly
- Greyhound 'Cessation' Bill Sends a Warning
- THS: Swale Stakes