In a dramatic finish with three horses on the wire, Saratoga's opening day feature Wednesday went to Subtle Aly, who just edged a game I Promise and Blitzing in the $111,000 Schuylerville Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies.
Graded stakes-placed French Envoy came up with his first winner when his daughter, Bewitchin' Babe, won May 22 at Calder Race Course.
French Envoy, who is closely related to Japanese stallion French Deputy, will begin his stallion career in 2003 at Gilbert Campbell's Stonehedge Farm South near Williston, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Filly First Winner for Sire Elusive Warning
- Breeder, Businessman Garvin Dies at Age 71
- Belmont Fall Championship Meet Opens Sept. 5
- After the Wire: Bernard Baruch & Woodward S.
- Condo Commando 'Splash-tastic' in Spinaway
- Midnight Storm Shakes Up Del Mar Derby
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Longshots on Saratoga's Closing Day
- Itsmyluckyday Unlikely to Return in Gold Cup