In a dramatic finish with three horses on the wire, Saratoga's opening day feature Wednesday went to Subtle Aly, who just edged a game I Promise and Blitzing in the $111,000 Schuylerville Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies.
Graded stakes-placed French Envoy came up with his first winner when his daughter, Bewitchin' Babe, won May 22 at Calder Race Course.
French Envoy, who is closely related to Japanese stallion French Deputy, will begin his stallion career in 2003 at Gilbert Campbell's Stonehedge Farm South near Williston, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- Trakus Coming to Some Australian Racecourses
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth