Freedom Star, seeking her first win since taking the Iowa Distaff in June, is the 3-1 morning line favorite in the $150,000 Chilukki Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs, the race that wraps up the final day of Breeders' Cup a
Every time he's asked her, trainer Art Sherman says Ultra Blend has met the challenge. In the $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Stakes (gr. I) at Del Mar Aug. 6, the 5-year-old California-bred mare will take her biggest step yet.
In a race likely to produce a couple of contestants for the much-anticipated Apple Blossom Invitational (gr. I) April 9, front-running Freedom Star dominated the $149,750 Azeri Stakes (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park March 6.
Fourteen 4-year-old fillies are entered in the $150,000 La Canada Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita Feb. 14, led by five-time grade I winner Stardom Bound.
Jockey Chantal Sutherland earned her second grade II victory in as many days when she guided 29-1 outsider Pretty Unusual to win the El Encino Stakes at Santa Anita Jan. 17. Favored Stardom Bound was second.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- Jockeys' Guild Set for Annual Assembly
- Wall, McKay Named to Media Honor Roll
- Top Global Runners Vie in Hong Kong Races
- Woodbine Reports Increased Handle