Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner Buzzards Bay, off since June, returns to action on the Breeders' Cup undercard at Belmont Park Saturday in the $250,000-added Emirates Airline Discovery Handicap (gr. III) for three-year-olds.
Haskell Invitational (gr. I) winner Roman Ruler and Flower Alley, winner of the Jim Dandy (gr. II) at Saratoga earlier this meet, head a list of 16 nominations for the $1 million Travers (gr. I) Aug. 27.
Roman Ruler, one of the West Coast's top juveniles last season, is the likely favorite for Monday's $150,000 Dwyer (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at 1 1/16 miles, one of two stakes on Belmont Park's special Independence Day racing program.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Oaklawn Improvements Include New Barn
- Filly First Winner for Here Comes Ben
- Two Share Record Price at Arqana Summer Sale
- Catalog Online for Barretts Select Sale
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Laurel Cancels Racing Due to Water Main Break
- 'Evolution of Racing' Approaches in Lexington
- Main Sequence Class of Loaded United Nations