Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner Buzzards Bay, off since June, returns to action on the Breeders' Cup undercard at Belmont Park Saturday in the $250,000-added Emirates Airline Discovery Handicap (gr. III) for three-year-olds.
Haskell Invitational (gr. I) winner Roman Ruler and Flower Alley, winner of the Jim Dandy (gr. II) at Saratoga earlier this meet, head a list of 16 nominations for the $1 million Travers (gr. I) Aug. 27.
Roman Ruler, one of the West Coast's top juveniles last season, is the likely favorite for Monday's $150,000 Dwyer (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at 1 1/16 miles, one of two stakes on Belmont Park's special Independence Day racing program.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- Two Share Fastest Furlong Time at F-T Show
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Wise Dan, Main Sequence Top Turf Classic Noms
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- Mountaineer Cancels; Parx Loses Most of Card
- Indiana Derby Moves to Mid-July This Year