Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner Buzzards Bay, off since June, returns to action on the Breeders' Cup undercard at Belmont Park Saturday in the $250,000-added Emirates Airline Discovery Handicap (gr. III) for three-year-olds.
Haskell Invitational (gr. I) winner Roman Ruler and Flower Alley, winner of the Jim Dandy (gr. II) at Saratoga earlier this meet, head a list of 16 nominations for the $1 million Travers (gr. I) Aug. 27.
Roman Ruler, one of the West Coast's top juveniles last season, is the likely favorite for Monday's $150,000 Dwyer (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at 1 1/16 miles, one of two stakes on Belmont Park's special Independence Day racing program.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- La Cressonniere to Miss Arc After Setback
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis