The name of Mill House's multiple stakes winner Brilliant was among nine dropped in the entry box on Wednesday for Saturday's $250,000-added Firecracker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at Churchill Downs.
Multiple grade I winner Showing Up will make his 2007 debut in Friday's $250,000 Maker's Mark Mile (gr. IIT) on turf nearly a year after he captured the Coolmore Lexington (gr. II) on the former dirt surface on Keeneland's main track.
Godolphin Stable's Ashkal Way bowed his neck in deep stretch and got the best of Free Thinking in the final jumps to win the $250,000 Kelso Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at one mile on the Belmont Park turf Saturday.
Juddmonte Farms' Art Master makes his first American start for trainer Bobby Frankel in Saturday's $250,000 Kelso Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Belmont Park turf.
Heavily favored Miesque's Approval, ridden by Eddie Castro, rallied from last in the field of seven and drew clear to a 1 ¼-length win over the closing Free Thinking in Saturday's $269,250 Firecracker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at Churchill Downs.
Live Oak Plantation's Miesque's Approval, an upset winner over NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) winner Artie Schiller in his most recent start, is the prohibitive favorite in a field of seven older turf runners in the $250,000-added Firecracker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at Churchill Downs Saturday.
Rush Bay, ridden by Rafael Bejarano, rallied from just off the pace and held off Purim in a long stretch duel to score a head victory in Saturday's $109,000 Opening Verse Handicap for 3-year-olds and up on the turf at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose