Free Flying Soul, upset as the odds-on choice by Sweet August Moon in last month's A Gleam Handicap (gr. II), gets another shot at her nemesis in the $150,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III) at Del Mar Aug. 22.
Sweet August Moon returned to the winner's circle for the first time in more than 17 months when she took an inside path to defeat odds-on favorite Free Flying Soul by 1 3/4 lengths in the $150,000 A Gleam Handicap (gr. II).
After finishing far behind Rachel Alexandra in the Fleur de Lis (gr. II) last month at Churchill Downs, Made for Magic returns to the scene of her biggest win in the $150,000 A Gleam Handicap (gr. II) at Hollywood Park.
Speightstown filly upsets last year's winner and favorite, champion Informed Decision.
Mona de Momma made her graded-stakes debut a winning effort April 4 at Santa Anita, capturing the Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) to keep a big weekend rolling for leading trainer John Sadler.
After placing twice in grade I stakes in a three-month span, Free Flying Soul appears well-spotted to earn her first graded win in the $100,000 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) at Santa Anita on Easter Sunday April 4.
Gabby's Golden Gal returned to the 3-year-old form that saw her win the Acorn Stakes (gr. I) last spring when she captured the $250,000 Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I) at Santa Anita Jan. 31.
Her last four stakes wins have come at seven furlongs, but if grade I winner Evita Argentina hopes to add the $250,000 Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I) to her fine record, she'll need to be at her best at Santa Anita Jan. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- IHRC Report: Truesdail Missed Seven Positives
- California Chrome Arrives at Arlington
- Medal Count Retired to Spendthrift Farm
- Lovely Maria Returns for Delaware Oaks
- WTBOA Summer Sale Catalog Available Online
- Cozmic One, Full to Uncle Mo Meet at Belmont
- Colt First Winner for U.S. Champ Cape Blanco
- KY Downs Sets Historical Racing Handle Record
- Ben's Cat Aims for Fourth Parx Dash Victory