Charles Cella, president of the Oaklawn Jockey Club, announced Dec. 10 that the Arkansas racetrack will waive its $2 general admission fee for the 2015 season that begins in January.
Churchill Downs will offer free general admission Friday, Nov. 21 through Sunday, Nov. 23 to all patrons who donate two non-perishable canned goods
The best steeplechase horses in America tangle once more in the $150,000 Iroquois Steeplechase (NSA-I) at Nashville, Tenn., Saturday. The 3-mile hurdle stakes drew a field of eight -- unquestionably headlined by Sur La Tete and McDynamo.
Grade I winners Sur La Tete and McDynamo are among eight Thoroughbreds nominated to the $150,000 Iroquois (NSA-I) to be run May 13 at Nashville, Tenn.
Kinross Farm's Sur La Tete tracked favorite McDynamo until the final turn and drew off to win the $156,375 Royal Chase (NSA-I) for hurdlers under rainy skies at Keeneland Friday.
Steeplechase stars McDynamo and Sur La Tete tower over a field of eight drawn for the eighth running of the Royal Chase (NSA-I) at Keeneland Friday.
Hirapour and McDynamo, the last two American steeplechase champions, meet Saturday to decide the 2005 title winner, headlining a field of nine in the $150,000 Colonial Cup (NSA-I) at Springdale Race Course in Camden, S.C.
During its current spring meet, Keeneland will offer free admission to three separate groups of people--UK staff on April 13; college students on April 18; and "ice storm workers" on April 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Knee Chip Sidelines Hutcheson Winner Barbados
- Invasor to Uruguay's Haras Cuatro Piedras
- The Great War to Return in 96ROCK Stakes
- Take Charge Brandi Set for Martha Washington
- Xpressbet Offers 'X-Country Pick 4' Feb. 7
- No Movement on Plans for Calder Barn Area
- First Reported Foal for Point of Entry
- Ocean Knight, Catalina Red Top Sam F. Davis
- Downey Profile: 10 U.S. Noms to UAE Derby
- First Reported Foal for Rattlesnake Bridge