Fred Winters has been named farm manager of Vivien Malloy's Edition Farm. The farm is located near Hyde Park, N.Y.
After almost three years as operations manager for the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation, Fred Winters has decided to return to a commercial role within the Thoroughbred industry.
The High Hope Steeplechase has moved its office to the Maker's Mark Secretariat Center – a Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation facility.
- By Pete Spanos
Fred Winters, operations director for the Lexington-based Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation, spoke to members of the Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Manager's Club Tuesday about the plight of some 1,100 former racehorses in need of adoption.
Fred Winters, former president of the Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Managers Club, a longtime farm manager at several prominent Lexington-area farms and a partner in Equine Farm Management Inc., was named the Director of Operations of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation Jan. 23.
Thoroughbred racing and breeding information
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan