Fred Winters has been named farm manager of Vivien Malloy's Edition Farm. The farm is located near Hyde Park, N.Y.
After almost three years as operations manager for the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation, Fred Winters has decided to return to a commercial role within the Thoroughbred industry.
The High Hope Steeplechase has moved its office to the Maker's Mark Secretariat Center – a Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation facility.
Fred Winters, operations director for the Lexington-based Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation, spoke to members of the Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Manager's Club Tuesday about the plight of some 1,100 former racehorses in need of adoption.
Fred Winters, former president of the Kentucky Thoroughbred Farm Managers Club, a longtime farm manager at several prominent Lexington-area farms and a partner in Equine Farm Management Inc., was named the Director of Operations of the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation Jan. 23.
Thoroughbred racing and breeding information
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Rockin Jojo First Winner for Street Magician
- Little Journey Favored in Boiling Springs
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Dissident, I Do Win in Australia, New Zealand
- Velazquez Receives Mike Venezia Award
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones