Beyond it being his first victory as a trainer, David Rakoff's win with Petite Lapin in the final race Dec. 7 at Gulfstream Park will always carry an extra special significance for him.
Island Skipper, the Golden Age Stable's colt who shipped in from Florida for Sunday's Haskell Stakes (gr. I) was on his way out to the track to gallop Saturday morning when handlers noticed he had a problem with his left front foot.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup