Norma Stone, wife of leading American equine artist Fred Stone, died Oct. 22 in Agoura Hills, Calif.
A small but select group of 2-year-olds in training will be offered at the Barretts sale March 21 in Pomona, Calif. The auction will be held in the evening for the first time and in one session.
Equine artist Fred Stone has been commissioned to commemorate the 25th running of the Breeders' Cup World Championships with a poster entitled, "Bred for Glory."
The Oak Tree Racing Association presented a check for $25,000 to benefit the victims of Hurricane Katrina to the Arcadia chapter of the American Red Cross Saturday at Santa Anita.
Eight items connected with 3-year-old champion Afleet Alex are to be auctioned off in an e-bay fundraiser for Hurricane Katrina victims on Thursday.
The Oak Tree Racing Association, internationally acclaimed equine artist Fred Stone, and a number of the nation's top jockeys will join forces at Santa Anita Oct. 1, to raise money for victims of Hurricane Katrina.
Most Popular Stories
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award
- Ramsey Farm 2013 - Ken Ramsey Interview
- Stem Cells to Treat Chronic Laminitis: The Sooner the Better
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge