Andromeda's Hero overpowered his stablemate Seek Gold with a big move on the far turn and sped to victory in the $100,000 Fred W. Hooper Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Calder Race Course, his first win in 10 starts.
Four-year-old Dynever, last seen finishing a disappointing eighth behind Horse of the Year candidate Ghostzapper in the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), faces eight rivals Sunday in the $40,000 Mel's Hope overnight stakes at Calder Race Course.
Predawn Raid was allowed to set a lonely pace and the Jorge Chavez-ridden gelding got brave in the stretch, stealing off to a 4 1/4-length victory at odds of 15-1 in the $100,000 Fred Hooper Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Calder.
John Franks homebred' Kiss A Native breezed five furlongs in 1:03 Wednesday morning at Calder Race Course in preparation for his upcoming engagement in the Donn Handicap (gr. I) at Gulfstream Park Feb. 9. Prior to Wednesday's work, Kiss A Native breezed five furlongs last Friday in 1:02 4/5.
Most Popular Stories
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Judy the Beauty Heads Busy Work Tab for Ward
- Peace and War Returns for Ashland
- Stopchargingmaria Makes 2015 Debut in Madison
- Korean Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in Accident
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Roberta 'Bobbie' Croll Dies at Age 94
- Churchill Names New Track Superintendent
- Laurel's Average Handle Rises for Winter Meet