Andromeda's Hero overpowered his stablemate Seek Gold with a big move on the far turn and sped to victory in the $100,000 Fred W. Hooper Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Calder Race Course, his first win in 10 starts.
Four-year-old Dynever, last seen finishing a disappointing eighth behind Horse of the Year candidate Ghostzapper in the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), faces eight rivals Sunday in the $40,000 Mel's Hope overnight stakes at Calder Race Course.
Predawn Raid was allowed to set a lonely pace and the Jorge Chavez-ridden gelding got brave in the stretch, stealing off to a 4 1/4-length victory at odds of 15-1 in the $100,000 Fred Hooper Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Calder.
John Franks homebred' Kiss A Native breezed five furlongs in 1:03 Wednesday morning at Calder Race Course in preparation for his upcoming engagement in the Donn Handicap (gr. I) at Gulfstream Park Feb. 9. Prior to Wednesday's work, Kiss A Native breezed five furlongs last Friday in 1:02 4/5.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes