Andromeda's Hero overpowered his stablemate Seek Gold with a big move on the far turn and sped to victory in the $100,000 Fred W. Hooper Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Calder Race Course, his first win in 10 starts.
Four-year-old Dynever, last seen finishing a disappointing eighth behind Horse of the Year candidate Ghostzapper in the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), faces eight rivals Sunday in the $40,000 Mel's Hope overnight stakes at Calder Race Course.
Predawn Raid was allowed to set a lonely pace and the Jorge Chavez-ridden gelding got brave in the stretch, stealing off to a 4 1/4-length victory at odds of 15-1 in the $100,000 Fred Hooper Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Calder.
John Franks homebred' Kiss A Native breezed five furlongs in 1:03 Wednesday morning at Calder Race Course in preparation for his upcoming engagement in the Donn Handicap (gr. I) at Gulfstream Park Feb. 9. Prior to Wednesday's work, Kiss A Native breezed five furlongs last Friday in 1:02 4/5.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training