The one-day Fasig-Tipton winter mixed sale already was registering strong numbers on Feb. 11 in Lexington when a supplemental catalog from Eugene Melnyk's breeding operation assured a grand finale.
There are several reasons to be hopeful about the yearling selling season, which gets started July 10 in Lexington with the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky select yearling sale.
A full sister to grade III winner Trinniberg brought $450,000 late in the morning of May 22 at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training in Maryland.
Bloodstock & Markets: Doing one's homework, value shopping among keys
Castaway, who won a division of the Feb. 20 Southwest Stakes (gr. III), kept getting better and better as a yearling, according to Mark Taylor of Kentucky-based Taylor Made Sales Agency.
Phantom Income and Preachin Man won divisions of the National Association of Two-Year-Old Consignors Futurity at Meadowlands on the night of Sept. 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Plan in Works to Save Suffolk Downs Racing
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Figures Decline at F-T Midlantic Fall Sale
- Two-Time Gr. I Winner Strategic Maneuver Dies
- Rosalind to Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Desormeaux to Hospital After Kick by Horse
- Simulcast Conference: HD Options Progressing
- Record Prize Money Expected for NHC, NHC Tour
- Kay Outlines Recent Successes to NYRA Board
- Haskin: Thoughts on a Super Saturday