The one-day Fasig-Tipton winter mixed sale already was registering strong numbers on Feb. 11 in Lexington when a supplemental catalog from Eugene Melnyk's breeding operation assured a grand finale.
There are several reasons to be hopeful about the yearling selling season, which gets started July 10 in Lexington with the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky select yearling sale.
A full sister to grade III winner Trinniberg brought $450,000 late in the morning of May 22 at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training in Maryland.
Bloodstock & Markets: Doing one's homework, value shopping among keys
Castaway, who won a division of the Feb. 20 Southwest Stakes (gr. III), kept getting better and better as a yearling, according to Mark Taylor of Kentucky-based Taylor Made Sales Agency.
Phantom Income and Preachin Man won divisions of the National Association of Two-Year-Old Consignors Futurity at Meadowlands on the night of Sept. 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana