The one-day Fasig-Tipton winter mixed sale already was registering strong numbers on Feb. 11 in Lexington when a supplemental catalog from Eugene Melnyk's breeding operation assured a grand finale.
There are several reasons to be hopeful about the yearling selling season, which gets started July 10 in Lexington with the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky select yearling sale.
A full sister to grade III winner Trinniberg brought $450,000 late in the morning of May 22 at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training in Maryland.
Bloodstock & Markets: Doing one's homework, value shopping among keys
Castaway, who won a division of the Feb. 20 Southwest Stakes (gr. III), kept getting better and better as a yearling, according to Mark Taylor of Kentucky-based Taylor Made Sales Agency.
Phantom Income and Preachin Man won divisions of the National Association of Two-Year-Old Consignors Futurity at Meadowlands on the night of Sept. 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Benzel to Handle de Sousa's Book in NY
- Promising Youth on Display in Futurity
- Dortmund Back to Training After Injury
- Half Sisters to Preakness Winners Race Sunday
- KY Downs Ready for Meet With Record Purses
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Ben's Cat Still After Third Turf Monster Win
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- CHRB Committee Advances New Lasix Proposal
- Dialed In Colt Leads Louisiana Yearling Sale