It certainly wasn't the biggest race of the season, but Monday's $81,225 Fred "Cappy" Capossela had to be special to Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas' New York operation. The winner, Quick Action is owned by longtime client Overbrook Farm, whose founder, William T. Young, died last week.
Michael Dubb's Alysweep overcame an early slip, sweeping outside of favored Philadelphia Jim and drawing off to a 1 ½-length victory in the $79,800 Fred "Cappy" Capossela for 3-year-olds Monday at Aqueduct.
Trainer Gary Contessa, a 30-year racetrack veteran, has had high hopes for Unswept, who begins his 3-year-old season in Monday's $75,000 Fred "Cappy" Capossela at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks