Jockey Mark Guidry took off his mounts on Saturday following a spill in Friday's 10th race at Churchill Downs.
The decision by Hall of Fame jockey Pat Day to retire at age 51 elicited a variety of reactions from those with whom he has worked during his illustrious career.
Jockey Shane Sellers will miss at least the next few days at Churchill Downs as he recovers from a fractured tailbone suffered in a paddock mishap on Thursday.
Shane Sellers, who has not ridden steadily since January of 2001, is returning to the saddle Wednesday at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Melmich Victorious in Dominion Day
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Jones Among Five for 2016 Texas HOF Class