Jockey Mark Guidry took off his mounts on Saturday following a spill in Friday's 10th race at Churchill Downs.
The decision by Hall of Fame jockey Pat Day to retire at age 51 elicited a variety of reactions from those with whom he has worked during his illustrious career.
Jockey Shane Sellers will miss at least the next few days at Churchill Downs as he recovers from a fractured tailbone suffered in a paddock mishap on Thursday.
Shane Sellers, who has not ridden steadily since January of 2001, is returning to the saddle Wednesday at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year