Jockey Mark Guidry took off his mounts on Saturday following a spill in Friday's 10th race at Churchill Downs.
The decision by Hall of Fame jockey Pat Day to retire at age 51 elicited a variety of reactions from those with whom he has worked during his illustrious career.
Jockey Shane Sellers will miss at least the next few days at Churchill Downs as he recovers from a fractured tailbone suffered in a paddock mishap on Thursday.
Shane Sellers, who has not ridden steadily since January of 2001, is returning to the saddle Wednesday at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/10/2013
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Veterinarian-Farrier Team Key to Managing Laminitic Horses
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle