Jockey Mark Guidry took off his mounts on Saturday following a spill in Friday's 10th race at Churchill Downs.
The decision by Hall of Fame jockey Pat Day to retire at age 51 elicited a variety of reactions from those with whom he has worked during his illustrious career.
Jockey Shane Sellers will miss at least the next few days at Churchill Downs as he recovers from a fractured tailbone suffered in a paddock mishap on Thursday.
Shane Sellers, who has not ridden steadily since January of 2001, is returning to the saddle Wednesday at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Leagues Seek to Halt New Jersey Sports Bets
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- Researchers Examine Fatal Lumbar Vertebral Fractures
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite