A study on the effects of caterpillars points to the insects themselves, not their waste, as the cause of early fetal loss...Preliminary survey results show 8% loss of 2003 crop.
Early test results of a University of Kentucky College of Agriculture study appear to show a correlation between eastern tent caterpillars, their waste--called frass--and foal loss in mares exposed to both.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Jockey Hill Guides in 1,000th Winner
- Far From Over Victorious in Return