Day two of the 2008 Keeneland November breeding stock sale Nov. 4 closed with downturns in gross, average, and median.
Grade II winner Mushka was purchased by Elizabeth Moran's Brushwood Stable for $2.4 million to keep the second session of the 2008 Keeneland November breeding stock sale rolling along Nov. 4 at the Central Kentucky auction house.
Lou Raffetto Jr., most recently president and chief operating officer of the Maryland Jockey Club, has been named chief executive officer of the National Steeplechase Association.
Following a Jan. 17 meeting of the National Steeplechase Association's board of directors in Baltimore, Md., president Franny Abbott announced a 2008 preliminary plan to restructure the organization that governs the sport in the United States.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays