Day two of the 2008 Keeneland November breeding stock sale Nov. 4 closed with downturns in gross, average, and median.
Grade II winner Mushka was purchased by Elizabeth Moran's Brushwood Stable for $2.4 million to keep the second session of the 2008 Keeneland November breeding stock sale rolling along Nov. 4 at the Central Kentucky auction house.
Lou Raffetto Jr., most recently president and chief operating officer of the Maryland Jockey Club, has been named chief executive officer of the National Steeplechase Association.
Following a Jan. 17 meeting of the National Steeplechase Association's board of directors in Baltimore, Md., president Franny Abbott announced a 2008 preliminary plan to restructure the organization that governs the sport in the United States.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer