Four horses stormed toward the finish line in the $100,000 Miracle Wood Stakes for 3-year-olds Feb. 16 at Laurel Park before Savvy Street won the tightest of finishes over Combat Diver.
South Carolina Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association honored its 2012 award recipients at its annual awards banquet in Camden on Saturday, Jan. 12.
Straight Talking, a 4-year-old son of Dixieland Band, will enter stud at Franklin G. Smith's Elloree Training Center near Elloree, S.C.
Trainer Franklin Smith, who gave then 14-year-old Chris Antley his first job in racing, and others in the late jockey's hometown of Elloree, S. C. are trying to deal with the news that the rider was killed. Although Antley had not lived in Elloree for about 18 years, The (Columbia, S. C.) State newspaper reported he was a frequent visitor who never forgot his roots. "Everyone around this community kept up with Chris' career and asked about him all the time," Smith told the newspaper.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Kentucky Rescinds Dextrophan Positives