Four horses stormed toward the finish line in the $100,000 Miracle Wood Stakes for 3-year-olds Feb. 16 at Laurel Park before Savvy Street won the tightest of finishes over Combat Diver.
South Carolina Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association honored its 2012 award recipients at its annual awards banquet in Camden on Saturday, Jan. 12.
Straight Talking, a 4-year-old son of Dixieland Band, will enter stud at Franklin G. Smith's Elloree Training Center near Elloree, S.C.
Trainer Franklin Smith, who gave then 14-year-old Chris Antley his first job in racing, and others in the late jockey's hometown of Elloree, S. C. are trying to deal with the news that the rider was killed. Although Antley had not lived in Elloree for about 18 years, The (Columbia, S. C.) State newspaper reported he was a frequent visitor who never forgot his roots. "Everyone around this community kept up with Chris' career and asked about him all the time," Smith told the newspaper.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen