South Carolina Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association honored its 2012 award recipients at its annual awards banquet in Camden on Saturday, Jan. 12.
Straight Talking, a 4-year-old son of Dixieland Band, will enter stud at Franklin G. Smith's Elloree Training Center near Elloree, S.C.
Trainer Franklin Smith, who gave then 14-year-old Chris Antley his first job in racing, and others in the late jockey's hometown of Elloree, S. C. are trying to deal with the news that the rider was killed. Although Antley had not lived in Elloree for about 18 years, The (Columbia, S. C.) State newspaper reported he was a frequent visitor who never forgot his roots. "Everyone around this community kept up with Chris' career and asked about him all the time," Smith told the newspaper.
Most Popular Stories
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- An Opportunity for Hoppertunity in the Clark