Trainer Benny Feliciano will be trying to extend his winning streak to 10 when he sends out Millie Feliciano's Clever Jimmy C in Saturday's 13th race at Thistledown, a six-furlong contest for $3,500 claimers.
A sloppy surface was just what the connections of Miss Grindstone ordered, helping the 5-year-old mare capture Sunday's $164,250 Bessarabian Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine, her fourth win in as many starts on an off track.
Attorneys for the State of Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering and trainer Frank Passero reached a settlement in the matter of a positive drug test on a Passero runner. In an administrative complaint filed last March, the Division alleged that a urine test on Hope In Private following his win Gulfstream's fifth race on Feb. 13, 2000 was found to contain Benzoylecgonine and Ecgonine Methyl Ester, both of which are metabolites of cocaine.
A formal hearing has been scheduled for Dec. 1 on the administrative complaint filed by The State of Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering against trainer Frank Passero.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Taptowne Draws Rail in Well-Matched Razorback
- U.A.E. to Supply Horses for Chinese Race Day