Trainer Benny Feliciano will be trying to extend his winning streak to 10 when he sends out Millie Feliciano's Clever Jimmy C in Saturday's 13th race at Thistledown, a six-furlong contest for $3,500 claimers.
A sloppy surface was just what the connections of Miss Grindstone ordered, helping the 5-year-old mare capture Sunday's $164,250 Bessarabian Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine, her fourth win in as many starts on an off track.
Attorneys for the State of Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering and trainer Frank Passero reached a settlement in the matter of a positive drug test on a Passero runner. In an administrative complaint filed last March, the Division alleged that a urine test on Hope In Private following his win Gulfstream's fifth race on Feb. 13, 2000 was found to contain Benzoylecgonine and Ecgonine Methyl Ester, both of which are metabolites of cocaine.
A formal hearing has been scheduled for Dec. 1 on the administrative complaint filed by The State of Florida Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering against trainer Frank Passero.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Ranking the Kentucky Derby Workouts
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound