Ordered last month to begin a 70-day suspension June 1 for a medication probation violation dating back to a 2006 case, trainer Jeff Mullins says he'll fight the California Horse Racing Board all the way.
A former director of the California Horse Racing Board's information management services filed a lawsuit against the agency for emotional and physical distress as the result of retaliation for his whistle-blowing activities.
The California Horse Racing Board plans to meet in closed session prior to its general meeting July 23 to consider complaints and appeals that have been filed against the board challenging Ingrid Fermin's appointment as a steward at Del Mar this season.
California Horse Racing Board investigators are looking into allegations that a jockey at the recently concluded Fairplex Park meeting was carrying an illegal electrical device, known as a "battery" or a "buzzer", during the running of the second race on Saturday, Sept. 24.
The California Horse Racing Board has introduced fingerprint scanning technology to its permit process to quickly identify those applicants who are disqualified from obtaining licenses and prevent them from participating in horseracing.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity
- Supreme Court to Consider N.J. Sports Gambling Case