Ordered last month to begin a 70-day suspension June 1 for a medication probation violation dating back to a 2006 case, trainer Jeff Mullins says he'll fight the California Horse Racing Board all the way.
A former director of the California Horse Racing Board's information management services filed a lawsuit against the agency for emotional and physical distress as the result of retaliation for his whistle-blowing activities.
The California Horse Racing Board plans to meet in closed session prior to its general meeting July 23 to consider complaints and appeals that have been filed against the board challenging Ingrid Fermin's appointment as a steward at Del Mar this season.
California Horse Racing Board investigators are looking into allegations that a jockey at the recently concluded Fairplex Park meeting was carrying an illegal electrical device, known as a "battery" or a "buzzer", during the running of the second race on Saturday, Sept. 24.
The California Horse Racing Board has introduced fingerprint scanning technology to its permit process to quickly identify those applicants who are disqualified from obtaining licenses and prevent them from participating in horseracing.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- Malibu Moon Filly Tops F-T Pinhook Prospects
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Litfin At Large: Looking at State-Bred Stakes
- Can Frosted Cool Down Chrome-Arrogate Fever?
- NorCal 2017 Race Dates Remain Unresolved
- Fernung Elected New FTBOA President