Ordered last month to begin a 70-day suspension June 1 for a medication probation violation dating back to a 2006 case, trainer Jeff Mullins says he'll fight the California Horse Racing Board all the way.
A former director of the California Horse Racing Board's information management services filed a lawsuit against the agency for emotional and physical distress as the result of retaliation for his whistle-blowing activities.
The California Horse Racing Board plans to meet in closed session prior to its general meeting July 23 to consider complaints and appeals that have been filed against the board challenging Ingrid Fermin's appointment as a steward at Del Mar this season.
California Horse Racing Board investigators are looking into allegations that a jockey at the recently concluded Fairplex Park meeting was carrying an illegal electrical device, known as a "battery" or a "buzzer", during the running of the second race on Saturday, Sept. 24.
The California Horse Racing Board has introduced fingerprint scanning technology to its permit process to quickly identify those applicants who are disqualified from obtaining licenses and prevent them from participating in horseracing.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- OwnerView to Host October Ownership Seminar
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Close to VLT Agreements