Canadian trainer Sid Martin, who started his career in the racing industry as a hot walker at $5 a week in 1943 and later trained a Kentucky Derby (gr. I) contender, died Oct. 3 following a lengthy illness.
- By Ron Mitchell
An anonymous bidder went to $60,000 Wednesday to acquire the 14 karat gold trophy won by Majestic Prince in the 1969 Kentucky Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies