Canadian trainer Sid Martin, who started his career in the racing industry as a hot walker at $5 a week in 1943 and later trained a Kentucky Derby (gr. I) contender, died Oct. 3 following a lengthy illness.
- By Ron Mitchell
An anonymous bidder went to $60,000 Wednesday to acquire the 14 karat gold trophy won by Majestic Prince in the 1969 Kentucky Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T