Canadian trainer Sid Martin, who started his career in the racing industry as a hot walker at $5 a week in 1943 and later trained a Kentucky Derby (gr. I) contender, died Oct. 3 following a lengthy illness.
- By Ron Mitchell
An anonymous bidder went to $60,000 Wednesday to acquire the 14 karat gold trophy won by Majestic Prince in the 1969 Kentucky Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates