Canadian trainer Sid Martin, who started his career in the racing industry as a hot walker at $5 a week in 1943 and later trained a Kentucky Derby (gr. I) contender, died Oct. 3 following a lengthy illness.
An anonymous bidder went to $60,000 Wednesday to acquire the 14 karat gold trophy won by Majestic Prince in the 1969 Kentucky Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- Shadwell Sire Bahri Pensioned in England
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- Lubash Takes West Point for Second Time
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- MJC: Laurel Meet Offered Building Blocks
- Smart Strike Stallion Sons
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired