Trainer Frank "Pancho" Martin, who was inducted into the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in 1981, has died at age 86.
Finish Line Farms' Just a Lion gave trainer Juan Serey an extra celebration following his victory at Monmouth Park Oct. 17.
The veteran trainer won his 157th New York race of the year Dec. 29 at Aqueduct
Jose Martin, who trained Groovy and two other champions and was a member of a prominent New York racing family, died Wednesday at North Shore University Hospital after a lengthy bout with lung cancer.
- By Ryan Conley
Trainer Gregory Martin, who in March pleaded guilty to charges for his role in an alleged multi-million dollar illegal gambling ring, was sentenced to two years probation with six months home confinement on Tuesday during an appearance in a New York federal court.
Champion Outstandingly, who won the first Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) upon the disqualification of Fran's Valentine, was euthanized today at Gainsborough Farm near Lexington due to the longtime effects of chronic laminitis.
Trainer Todd Pletcher broke Frank "Pancho" Martin's 21-year-old Belmont Park spring-summer meeting record for victories when he saddled Zawzooth for a win in Wednesday's $65,000 My Juliet.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity, Constitution Head Clark
- Indiana Trainer Facing Three-Year Suspension
- American Pharoah Touted in Derby Future Wager
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Voting Open for Secretariat Vox Populi Award
- Millennium Releases Stallion Roster, Fees
- Penn National Postpones Big Wednesday Card
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark
- TAA Accredits 19 Aftercare Organizations