Ten-year-old Holiday Runner, a grade I stakes producer and the sale-topper at the 2009 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky November mixed sale, died the morning of Feb. 6 because of foaling complications.
Multiple grade I winner Fleet Indian was sold privately to Frank and Jane Lyon's Summer Wind Farm after failing to meet her reserve during the opening session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale Nov. 5.
Completing a sweep of the weekend stakes for three-time Eclipse Award trainer Todd Pletcher, India won the Azeri Breeders' Cup (gr. III) by a diminishing head over Kettleoneup before a crowd of 20,533 on Saturday afternoon at Oaklawn Park.
Peachtree Stable's India, who broke her maiden by 12 lengths in her second career start, has been sold to her breeders, Frank and Jane Lyon, owner of Summer Wind Farm near Georgetown, Ky., Peachtree owner John Fort said today.
Summer Wind Farm's Carols Folly, who achieved fame as the dam of two millionaires--Glitter Woman and Unbridled Elaine--was euthanized April 20 at Hagyard-Davidson-McGee veterinary clinic near Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Study: Boots, Wraps Increase Leg Heat during Exercise
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Belmont Fall Championship Meet Opens Sept. 5