Sandra Sweet Lovato, a horsewoman and wife of retired Eclipse Award-winning jockey Frankie Lovato, Jr., died Sept. 3 in Norwalk, Ohio, from injuries sustained in an automobile accident. She was 54.
Retired jockey Frank Lovato Jr. created "365 Days of Racing Terminology" to educate fans and bring them closer to the sport.
Jockey World, former jockey Frank Lovato Jr.'s website, has created an online education program for those seeking a career in horse racing.
It looked to be a one horse race heading into the gate for the $100,000 Lady Hallie Handicap at Hawthorne. But in the end, it was the small show bettors doing best of all.
Ifyouprefersilver rocketed from the gates and left the rest of the field in her wake, winning the $150,000 Chou Croute Handicap by more than nine lengths Saturday at Fair Grounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Phipps, Gaines, Winn Named 2017 Pillars of the Turf
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Laurel Stakes Schedule Features $1.6 Million in Purses
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- Phipps Family to Receive Inaugural Dinny Phipps Award
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off