Sandra Sweet Lovato, a horsewoman and wife of retired Eclipse Award-winning jockey Frankie Lovato, Jr., died Sept. 3 in Norwalk, Ohio, from injuries sustained in an automobile accident. She was 54.
Retired jockey Frank Lovato Jr. created "365 Days of Racing Terminology" to educate fans and bring them closer to the sport.
Jockey World, former jockey Frank Lovato Jr.'s website, has created an online education program for those seeking a career in horse racing.
It looked to be a one horse race heading into the gate for the $100,000 Lady Hallie Handicap at Hawthorne. But in the end, it was the small show bettors doing best of all.
Ifyouprefersilver rocketed from the gates and left the rest of the field in her wake, winning the $150,000 Chou Croute Handicap by more than nine lengths Saturday at Fair Grounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh