Unity was the buzzword during the opening session of the 72nd convention of the Association of Racing Commissioners International Tuesday. The conference, which unites the RCI with the North American Pari-Mutuel Regulators Association (NAPRA), is being held at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort near Albuquerque, N.M.
Model rules for the proposed national medication policy are moving forward, but the unification of the Association of Racing Commissioners International and North American Pari-Mutuel Regulators Association apparently isn't going to happen anytime soon.
Two regulators' associations have officially decided to hold a joint convention in 2004 to discuss issues of mutual concern and perhaps combine some committees, though both will continue to have separate business meetings under organization bylaws.
The North American Pari-Mutuel Regulators Association (NAPRA) and the Association of Racing Commissioners International (RCI) held the first joint Pari-Mutuel Model Rules committee meeting Feb. 1-2 at Lone Star Park.
The North American Pari-Mutuel Regulators Association has canceled its fall convention, scheduled for Sept. 14-18 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, in light of this Tuesday's terrorist attacks in New York City and Washington, D.C.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Most Popular Stories
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia