Waterford Stable's In Summation again showed his affinity for synthetic surfaces with a game and blazing victory in the $150,000 Palos Verdes Handicap (gr. II) for 4-year-olds and up at Santa Anita Park Jan. 21.
South Florida training stalwart Frank Gomez died Dec. 23 at his home in Pembroke Pines, Fla. He was 78.
J. Robert Harris Jr.'s 4-year-old Rehoboth is the most accomplished of eight older horses entered in Monday's $100,000 Memorial Day Handicap (gr. III) at Calder Race Course, but the confirmed stretch-runner usually needs plenty of pace in front him to produce his best rally.
Favored Rehoboth, rallying along the inside for Eibar Coa, won a long fight to the wire to defeat 31-1 shot Dazzling Dr. Cevin by a nose in the $200,000 Carl G. Rose Classic on Florida Million Day at Calder Race Course Saturday.
In Summation and Running Lass took their respective divisions of the Florida Stallion Stakes at sloppy Calder Race Course Saturday, headlining a full program of races for 2-year-olds.
William and Annabel Murphy's homebred The Name's Bond should be a solid choice to win for the fourth time in his last five starts Saturday as he faces six rival 3-year-olds in the $100,000 Unbridled Stakes at Calder Race Course.
When The Name's Bond scored his first career added-money victory and shattered a track record at the Ocala Training Center Monday, his trainer, Frank Gomez wasn't surprised.
Gerald Robins and Jay Weiss' 4-year-old filly Queue will attempt to add another grade II stakes victory to her growing resume when she goes to the post among the choices in the $150,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. II) as part of "Grand Slam II" at Calder on Sat., Dec. 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture