Royston Ffrench entered the record books April 6 as the first European jockey in modern history to ride a winner in mainland China.
For the second year in a row, AmWest Entertainment will offer worldwide distribution of the racing signal for wagering on the Dubai International Racing Carnival from Meydan Racecourse.
The Dubai Racing Club has announced a change in distance of the Al Quoz Sprint (UAE-II) from six furlongs (1,200 meters) to five furlongs (1,000 meters) on turf.
Group winners Lord Admiral, Biarritz, Royal Vintage, and Vertigineux are scheduled to be offered during the Dubai International Racing Carnival (DIRC) session of the Emirates Racing Authority horses in training sale, sponsored by Al Basti Equiworld, at Nad Al Sheba in Dubai.
The inaugural Dubai International Racing Carnival sale, part of the revamped annual Emirates Racing Authority Horse in Training auction, will be held March 4 at Nad Al Sheba.
Frank Gabriel Jr. has been appointed chief executive officer of the Dubai Racing Club.
The proposal from Dubai World Cup committee member Michael Osborne that the highlight of the meeting should be on turf racing and not a dirt race is unlikely to receive much support from his colleagues.
Frank Gabriel Sr., a retired racing secretary and father of Arlington Park's current racing secretary, died March 1 at age 81 in Florida
Arlington Park, which will conduct its live racing meet from Wednesday, June 13 to Sunday, Oct. 28, announced Wednesday that it will construct three new barns in the backstretch prior to the start of this year's meet. The project, which will cost more than $3 million, will increase the number of available stalls by 164 to a maximum capacity of 2,140.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Del Mar Makes Adjustment to Slow Polytrack
- Perfect at Spa, Sweet Reason Ready for Test
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Trainer Joshua Stein Wins in Debut at Sonoma
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares
- CDI Reports Record Second Quarter Revenues
- Clement Hirsch: Iotapa After BC Distaff Slot
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt